Irish Aftercare Network – Dates for Diary 2022
Irish Aftercare Network Annual National Conference
Friday 7th October 2022
“Looking Forward – Working With Young People Leaving Care”
We’ll be coming together again on Friday 7th October and really look forward to seeing you there.
How to book tickets:
You can book your tickets online by clicking on this link: https://aftercareconf2022.eventbrite.ie.
Places are limited so book early!
Social Care Workers Registration Board and the benefits of CPD:
- An information event for Irish Aftercare Network members followed by Q&A
- Presenter: Charlotte Burke, CPD Coordinator, Social Care Ireland
- Date: Tuesday 13th September 2022
- Time: 10am – 12.00pm
- Place: Online via Zoom
Next Irish Aftercare Network Regional Meetings:
- Leinster Region Meeting: Tuesday 8th February 2022.
- Western Region Meeting: Tuesday 15th February 2022.
- Munster Region Meeting: Tuesday 1st March 2022.
Irish Aftercare Network – Dates for Diary 2021
‘Beyond the Pandemic – Preparing for What is to Come’
We welcome all members to a series of three live webinars.
- Date: Friday 15th October 2021
- Date: Friday 12th November 2021
- Date: Friday 10th December 2021
Please book online here https://irishaftercarenetworkwebinars2021.eventbrite.ie
Full details on Eventbrite.
Please note the following:
- Members may wish to book one, two or all three webinars. Please book each webinar separately.
- A complimentary delegate pack will be limited to the first one hundred members who register.
Date: Friday 15th October 2021
Time: 10am -12pm
Title: Adolescent Mental Health Beyond The Pandemic
Presenter: Bronagh Starrs, Adolescent Psychotherapist, Programme Director MSc Adolescent Psychotherapy DCTC. Programme Director MSc Adolescent Psychotherapy DCTC.
Date: Friday 12th November 2021
Time: 10am -12pm
Title: Recovery and growth; Understanding individual stress and trauma responses in the context of collective trauma.
Presenter: Aoife Bairéad, Independent Social Worker.
Date: Friday 10th December 2021
Time: 10am -12pm
Title: Low Intensity Practical Psychotherapeutic Interventions for Aftercare Workers
Presenter: Edna Murphy MA, RGN, RPN,RN, Dip, REBT, MCBPI, MICP, MEAP, Cognitive Behaviour Therapist
*This is a members only event. There is no cost to become a member and membership is open to those who work directly or indirectly with care leavers. To become a member of the Irish Aftercare Network please click the link https://www.irishaftercare.com/membership-form/
We do hope you can join us!
Regional Network Meetings
Please see dates below for the next three online regional network meetings:
- Friday 10th September 2021: Western Region
- Friday 17th September 2021: Leinster Region
- Friday 24th September 2021: Munster Region
If you would like to register your interest please email email@example.com with the region that is most suitable for you.
Thursday 18th February 2021: Young Adult Mental Health (webinar Feb 2021)
Further dates for 2021 will be added as soon as they are scheduled.
IAN Events 2020
Tuesday 25th February 2020: Irish Aftercare Network Western Region meeting, Sheraton Hotel, Athlone
Tuesday 3rd March 2020: Irish Aftercare Network, Munster Region Meeting, Absolute Hotel, Limerick
Tuesday 10th March 2020: Irish Aftercare Network Meeting, Holycross College, Drumcondra, Dublin
Annual Conference 2020: Postponed to 7th May 2021 Sheraton Hotel, Athlone
Friday 23rd October 2020: Caring for the Carer October 2020 (webinar event)