IAN Meetings & Events 2023
IAN Network Meeting, 31 March 2023
Absolute Hotel, Limerick
Presentations from the following organisations:
ADAPT, Domestic Abuse Services
Homeless Action Team, Limerick (HAT)
GOSHH – Gender Orientation Sexual Health HIV
*This is a members only event. There is no cost to become a member and membership is open to those who work directly or indirectly with care leavers. To become a member of the Irish Aftercare Network please click the link: https://www.irishaftercare.com/membership-form/
We do hope you can join us but please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register as places are limited!
IAN Network Members Meeting
The IAN Network Members Meeting took place in the Carmelite Centre, Dublin on 28 February 2023, the first one in 3 years! We had presentations from the following organisations:
- Team for Separated Children Seeking International Protection, Child and Family Agency, TUSLA
- Northside Partnership & TUSLA
Date for the Diary
- Annual Conference 2023 –The Sheraton Hotel, Athlone, 13 October 2023
IAN Meetings & Events 2022
Irish Aftercare Network – Dates for Diary 2022
Irish Aftercare Network Annual National Conference
Friday 7th October 2022
“Looking Forward – Working With Young People Leaving Care”
We’ll be coming together again on Friday 7th October and really look forward to seeing you there.
How to book tickets:
You can book your tickets online by clicking on this link: https://aftercareconf2022.eventbrite.ie.
Places are limited so book early!
Social Care Workers Registration Board and the benefits of CPD:
- An information event for Irish Aftercare Network members followed by Q&A
- Presenter: Charlotte Burke, CPD Coordinator, Social Care Ireland
- Date: Tuesday 13th September 2022
- Time: 10am – 12.00pm
- Place: Online via Zoom
Next Irish Aftercare Network Regional Meetings:
- Leinster Region Meeting: Tuesday 8th February 2022.
- Western Region Meeting: Tuesday 15th February 2022.
- Munster Region Meeting: Tuesday 1st March 2022.
Irish Aftercare Network – Dates for Diary 2021
‘Beyond the Pandemic – Preparing for What is to Come’
We welcome all members to a series of three live webinars.
- Date: Friday 15th October 2021
- Date: Friday 12th November 2021
- Date: Friday 10th December 2021
Please book online here https://irishaftercarenetworkwebinars2021.eventbrite.ie
Full details on Eventbrite.
Please note the following:
- Members may wish to book one, two or all three webinars. Please book each webinar separately.
- A complimentary delegate pack will be limited to the first one hundred members who register.
Date: Friday 15th October 2021
Time: 10am -12pm
Title: Adolescent Mental Health Beyond The Pandemic
Presenter: Bronagh Starrs, Adolescent Psychotherapist, Programme Director MSc Adolescent Psychotherapy DCTC. Programme Director MSc Adolescent Psychotherapy DCTC.
Date: Friday 12th November 2021
Time: 10am -12pm
Title: Recovery and growth; Understanding individual stress and trauma responses in the context of collective trauma.
Presenter: Aoife Bairéad, Independent Social Worker.
Date: Friday 10th December 2021
Time: 10am -12pm
Title: Low Intensity Practical Psychotherapeutic Interventions for Aftercare Workers
Presenter: Edna Murphy MA, RGN, RPN,RN, Dip, REBT, MCBPI, MICP, MEAP, Cognitive Behaviour Therapist
*This is a members only event. There is no cost to become a member and membership is open to those who work directly or indirectly with care leavers. To become a member of the Irish Aftercare Network please click the link https://www.irishaftercare.com/membership-form/
We do hope you can join us!
Regional Network Meetings
Please see dates below for the next three online regional network meetings:
- Friday 10th September 2021: Western Region
- Friday 17th September 2021: Leinster Region
- Friday 24th September 2021: Munster Region
If you would like to register your interest please email email@example.com with the region that is most suitable for you.
Thursday 18th February 2021: Young Adult Mental Health (webinar Feb 2021)
Further dates for 2021 will be added as soon as they are scheduled.
IAN Events 2020
Tuesday 25th February 2020: Irish Aftercare Network Western Region meeting, Sheraton Hotel, Athlone
Tuesday 3rd March 2020: Irish Aftercare Network, Munster Region Meeting, Absolute Hotel, Limerick
Tuesday 10th March 2020: Irish Aftercare Network Meeting, Holycross College, Drumcondra, Dublin
Annual Conference 2020: Postponed to 7th May 2021 Sheraton Hotel, Athlone
Friday 23rd October 2020: Caring for the Carer October 2020 (webinar event)